Traditionally when we think of application delivery controllers, and what goes on them, traditional services such as those listed below come to mind.
2. SSL offload
3. XML offload
4. Asymmetric application acceleration
5. Traffic tracing
The openADC platform will allow developers from the user and consultant community to write services as they see fit, and whenever they need them. With this in mind we look into the crystal ball and come up with this list of services we anticipate. This is just a start, and we will keep adding to the list. Here it is:
1) End to end transaction monitoring, which includes database and other back end transaction monitoring.
2) Data Leakage monitoring and enforcement.
3) Compliance related monitoring and enforcement.
4) Auto-encryption of sensitive information while it is being transmitted.
5) Application usage pattern discovery.
6)Application performance monitoring, proactive degradation sensors and alerts.
7) Web Application Firewalling.
8) Flexible programmable Deep Packet Inspection engine.